| ||Introduction to Functional Programming in Scheme - slide 27 : 49|
Evaluation of parenthesized expressions in Scheme
How is the form (a b c d e) evaluated in Scheme?
- Evaluation rules
- The evaluation of the empty pair of parentheses ( ) is in principle an error
- If a is the name of a special form, such as lambda, if, cond, or define special rules apply
- In all other cases:
- Evaluate all subforms uniformly
- The value of a must be a function object.
- The function object is called with the values of b, c, d, and e as actual parameters.