I have running openings for postdoctoral fellowships at the Center for Data-Intensive Systems (http://daisy.aau.dk), Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University (AAU), Denmark.
The fellowships are available immediately with a flexible starting date.
• PhD in computer science or a closely related field
• excellent scientific background and publication record
• demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
• excellent communication skills in English, oral as well as written
• good programming skills
Advanced experience with, or relevant background for, one of the following areas:
• Data management and analytics for smart energy, including energy flexibility, forecasting/prediction, aggregation, optimization, demand response, IoT-based control, and trading.
• Blockchain data management and analytics, including effective data ingestion, storage, query processing, and optimization, integration of blockchains with databases, smart contracts, and analytics on blockchain data. Blockchain experience is preferred, but not strictly required.
• Advanced analytics, including predictive and prescriptive analytics, integration of data management and analytics/machine learning, and human-in-the-loop analytics.
• Data management and analytics for Big Sensor Data, including data ingestion and storage, streaming, compression, (approximate) query processing and optimisation, indexing, analytics, data mining, and applied machine learning.
To apply, it is essentail to have a publication record including in top data management, data mining/analytics, distributed systems, and/or smart energy outlets, such as SIGMOD, PVLDB, ICDE, EDBT, CIKM, IEEE BigData, TODS, TKDE, VLDBJ, InfSys, KDD, ICDM, SDM, TKDD, ICDCS, PODC, ACM e-Energy, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Applied Energy, Energy, etc., depending on the topic.
• perform excellent scientific research
• develop research prototypes and conduct experiments
• publish in international conferences and journals
• participate in activities of the group and the department
• contribute to funded research projects.
The fellowship is initially available for 1 year with the possibility of extension based on mutual agreement. The annual salary is approximately DKK 450.000 (ca. EUR 60,000, inclusive of pension contributions and pre taxes).
The application should contain:
• cover letter with motivation and preferred starting date
• research statement
• CV including a list of publications
• copies of two relevant publications
• copies of certificates for all obtained degrees
• contact information of two references
The requested information should be sent as a single PDF to Torben Bach Pedersen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There is a running deadline. Evaluation will start immediately and continue until suitable candidates are found.
For further information and details, please contact Torben Bach Pedersen (email@example.com).
The database researchers at Daisy conduct research in Big Data Analytics, spatio-temporal data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence. International evaluations place Daisy in the global top tier. An independent study of publication performance in the top database outlets in the 10-year period 2001-2010 ranks Daisy second among all research groups in Europe. More information about Daisy can be found at http://daisy.aau.dk.
Aalborg is a lively city with numerous cultural attractions. The area features relatively low cost of living, clean air, beautiful forests and beaches, and very good transportation infrastructure. A recent report on European cities ranks Aalborg highest: http://ec.europa.eu/regiona...