Daisy Postdoctoral Fellowships 2018
Center for Data-Intensive Systems (http://daisy.aau.dk), Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University (AAU), Denmark, has openings for postdoctoral fellowships in the following areas:
• Traffic analytics, including different types of vehicle trajectory data analyses; systems support for trajectory analytics; query processing and indexing; machine learning; and advanced vehicle routing and vehicle-related services.
• Spatio-textual data management, including efficient multi-query processing based on novel indexing and pruning; query intent recognition; and machine learning.
• Blockchain data management and analytics, including effective data ingestion, storage, query processing, and optimization, integration of blockchains with databases, smart contracts, and analytics on blockchain data. Blockchain experience is preferred, but not strictly required.
• Advanced analytics, including time series analytics, predictive and prescriptive analytics, integration of data management and analytics/machine learning, and human-in-the-loop analytics.
• PhD in computer science or a closely related field
• excellent scientific background and publication record
• demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
• excellent communication skills in English, oral as well as written
• good programming skills
• specifically for Traffic analytics: experience with the tools PostgreSQL, PostGIS. PGRouting, Python3, Django and the technologies RESTFul API and OpenStreetMap
To apply, it is essentail to have a publication record including in top data management, data mining/analytics, distributed systems, and/or smart energy outlets, such as SIGMOD, PVLDB, ICDE, EDBT, CIKM, IEEE BigData, TODS, TKDE, VLDBJ, InfSys, KDD, ICDM, SDM, TKDD, AAAI, IJCAI, ICDCS, PODC, etc., depending on the topic.
• perform excellent scientific research
• develop research prototypes and conduct experiments
• publish in international conferences and journals
• participate in activities of the group and the department
• contribute to funded research projects
The fellowships are available for 2 years (1 year initial employment plus 1 year extension based on mutual agreement). The annual salary is approximately DKK 450.000 (ca. EUR 60,000, inclusive of pension contributions and pre taxes). The fellowship are available from July 1, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The application should contain:
• cover letter with motivation and preferred starting date
• research statement
• CV including a list of publications
• copies of two relevant publications
• copies of certificates for all obtained degrees
• contact information of two references
• Traffic analytics: Christian S. Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org, Kristian Torp email@example.com, and Bin Yang firstname.lastname@example.org
• Spatio-textual data management: Christian S. Jensen email@example.com
• Blockchain data management and analytics: Torben Bach Pedersen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Advanced analytics: Torben Bach Pedersen (email@example.com) and Bin Yang firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline May 15, 2018.
The requested information should be sent as a single PDF to the specific contact person listed above.
The data management researchers at Daisy conduct research in Big Data Analytics, spatio-temporal data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence. International evaluations place Daisy in the global top tier. An independent study of publication performance in the top database outlets in the 10-year period 2001-2010 ranks Daisy second among all research groups in Europe. More information about Daisy can be found at http://daisy.aau.dk.
Aalborg is a lively city with numerous cultural attractions. The area features relatively low cost of living, clean air, beautiful forests and beaches, and very good transportation infrastructure. A recent report on European cities ranks Aalborg highest: http://ec.europa.eu/regiona...