| ||2 minutes, 3 seconds||Expressions, Types, and Functions - slide 27 : 46|
Other simple types
Besides numbers, Scheme also supports booleans, characters, and symbols
- True is denoted by #t and false by #f
- Every non-false values count as true in if and cond
- Characters are denoted as #\a, #\b, ...
- Some characters have symbolic names, such as #\space, #\newline
- Symbols are denoted by quoting their names: 'a , 'symbol , ...
- Two symbols are identical in the sense of eqv? if and only if their names are spelled the same way