| ||Evaluation Order and Infinite Lists - slide 7 : 27|
Infinite evaluations and error evaluations - clarification
What is the value of the following expressions?
((lambda (x) 1) some-infinite-calculation)
((lambda (x) 1) (/ 5 0))
- Different evaluation orders give different 'results'
- The number 1
- A non-terminating calculation/an erroneous calculation
- Two different semantics of function application are involved:
- Strict: A function call is well-defined if and only if all actual parameters are well-defined
- Non-strict: A function call can be well-defined even if one or more actual parameters
cause an error or enters an infinite calculation