Concepts and Phenomena
The purpose of this exercise is to train your abilities to distinguish between concepts and phenomena.
Decide in each of the following cases if the mentioned item is a concept or a phenomena:
- The door used to enter this room.
- Todays issue of your favorite newspaper.
- Your copy of today's issue of your favorite newspaper.
- The collection of all copies of today's newpapers
- European country.
- The integer 7.
- The set of integers between 1 and 10.
- The set of all students who attend this course.
- The oldest student who attend this course.
For an item considered as a phenomenon, identify the underlying concept.