| ||Specialization, Extension, and Inheritance - slide 19 : 40|
Problems with multiple inheritance
Let us understand the major reason why multiple inheritance is considered problematic
- Concrete problem
- In a C object ac: Which x does ac.x refer to?
- General problems
- The name clash problem: Does x in C refer to the x in A or the x in B?
- The combination problem: Can x in A and x in B combined to a single x in C?
- The selection problem: Do we have means in C to select either x in A or x in B?
- The replication problem: Is there one or two x pieces in C?