| ||Exception Handling - slide 29 : 30|
Recommendations about exception handling
- Control flow
- Do not use throw and try-catch as iterative or conditional control structures
- Normal control flow should be done with normal control structures
- It is time consuming to throw an exception
- It is more efficient to deal with the problem as a normal program aspect - if possible
- Suffix names of exception classes with "Exception"
- Exception class hierarchy
- Your own exception classes should be subclasses of ApplicationException
- Or alternatively (as of a more recent recommendation) of Exception.