| ||Exception Handling - slide 6 : 30|
When are errors detected?
It is attractive to find errors as early as possible
- During design and programming - Go for it.
- During compilation - syntax errors or type errors - Attractive.
- During testing - A lot of hard work. But necessary.
- During execution and final use of the program
- Handled errors - OK. But difficult.
- Unhandled errors - A lot of frustration.
Exception handling is primarily concerned with detection and handling of "the real exceptions" in the executing program
Exception handling adds robustness to the final program