| ||Classes and Objects - slide 18 : 29|
Constant and readonly variables
Constants and readonly variables cannot be changed during program execution
- Constants declared with use of the const keyword
- Computed at compile-time
- Must be initialized by an initializer
- The initializer is evaluated at compile time
- No memory is allocated to constants
- Must be of a simple type, a string, or a reference type
- Readonly variables declared with use of the readonly modifier
- Computed at object-creation time
- Must either be initialized by an initializer or in a constructor
- Cannot be modified in other parts of the program
Legal use of constants and readonly variables.
Illegal use of constant and readonly variables.