|Generated: Friday, January 27, 2006, 22:30:39||Copyright © 2006, Kurt NÝrmark|
Porting LAML to another Scheme SystemLAML is prepared for porting to other Scheme systems, operating systems, or platforms.
I have isolated the parts of LAML that depend on a particular Scheme System in well-defined files.
Also the platform dependent aspects have been isolated. Below you will find a list with advice on how to port
- Register the platform and/or the Scheme system in the LAML configuration descriptions
- Define non-standard Scheme functions
- Define the laml command file
- If you want to initiate LAML from a command prompt, you must make
an appropriate command file (shell script) in laml-config/exec-stuff/.
The name of the file must be
Take a look at the existing laml files in laml-config/exec-stuff/
to get inspiration, such as the unix laml shell scrip.The strings enclosed in @...@ delimiters are automatically substituted by appropriate strings
during the LAML configuration process. The configuration process will copy your command file
to the bin directory of the LAML distribution.
- Define the LAML Emacs Lisp execution functions
- If you want to initiate LAML processing from emacs you must define
ways to start/call a LAML process (asynchronously/synchronously) from Emacs.
This is done in the file emacs-support/laml-execute.el by extending the conds in
the functions start-laml-process and call-laml-process.
- In case you want to use Scheme for CGI programming purposes
- The CGI library requires that the function (getenv <environment-variable>) returns the value of
<environment-variable> (a string).
- In addition, the CGI programs developed locally at the Computer Science Department requires that all the required functions mentioned in
the LAML index files are defined, including make-directory-in-directory and mail. But this is, of course, not a general requirement
for using Scheme in CGI programs.
When you are done, try configure LAML, and try out the examples.You can run them all by processing the file process-all.laml in the example dir.
If you manage to port LAML to a new platform, operating system or Scheme system, I would like to receive the following
from you in order to extend future LAML distributions with your contributions:
please email these directories to me, see email address below.
- A zipped version of the laml-config directory
- A zipped version of the lib/compatibility directory
Generated: January 27, 2006, 22:30:39