Bin Yang 杨彬
Center for Data-Intensive Systems
Department of Computer Science
Selma Lagerlöfs Vej 300
DK-9220, Aalborg Øst, Denmark
Email: byang at cs dot aau dot dk
I am a professor in Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University. I am a Distinguished Scholar at The Technical Faculty of IT and Design, and I am also a faculty member in Center for Data-Intensive Systems. I am an IEEE senior member.
I obtained my Ph.D. degree from Fudan
University in 2010. During August 2010 to August 2011, I was at Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, working in the Databases and Information Systems department headed by Gerhard Weikum. From September 2011 to July 2014, I was at Aarhus University, working in the Data-Intensive Systems group headed by Christian S. Jensen. I joined Aalborg University in August 2014.
News: Postdoc and
positions are available. Please send me your CV if you are interested.
Data management and data analytics, in particular, on spatio-temporal data, uncertain data, social media data, and textual data.
An overview of my recent research on enabling eco-routing using big transportation data is available here.
A vision on extracting 3T (thorough, timely, and trustworthy) traffic knowledge from big transportation data to achieve total traffic awareness is available here.
Google Scholar Profile
Recent and Selected Publications
Jilin Hu, Chenjuan Guo, Bin Yang, and Christian S. Jensen.
Stochastic Weight Completion for Road Networks using Graph Convolutional Networks.
ICDE 2019, 12 pages. paper
Razvan-Gabriel Cirstea, Darius-Valer Micu, Gabriel-Marcel Muresan, Chenjuan Guo, and Bin Yang.
Correlated Time Series Forecasting using Multi-Task Deep Neural Networks.
CIKM 2018, 1527-1530.
Tung Kieu, Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, and Christian S. Jensen.
Distinguishing Trajectories from Different Drivers using Incompletely Labeled Trajectories.
CIKM 2018, 863-872.
Fan Xia, Bin Yang, Chengcheng Yu, Weining Qian, and Aoying Zhou.
Towards Longitudinal Analytics on Social Media Data.
ICDE 2019, 12 pages.
Chenjuan Guo, Bin Yang, Jilin Hu, and Christian S. Jensen.
Learning to Route with Sparse Trajectory Sets.
ICDE 2018, 1073-1084. paper Extended Version
Huiping Liu, Cheqing Jin, Bin Yang, and Aoying Zhou.
Finding Top-k Optimal Sequenced Routes.
ICDE 2018, 569-580. paper
Jilin Hu, Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, and Christian S. Jensen.
Risk-Aware Path Selection with Time-Varying, Uncertain Travel Costs—A Time Series Approach.
The VLDB Journal 27(2): 179-200 (2018).
Bin Yang, Jian Dai, Chenjuan Guo, Christian S. Jensen, and Jilin Hu.
PACE: A PAth-CEntric Paradigm For Stochastic Path Finding.
The VLDB Journal 27(2): 153-178 (2018).
Huiping Liu, Cheqing Jin, Bin Yang, and Aoying Zhou.
Finding Top-k Shortest Paths with Diversity.
TKDE 30(3), 488-502 (2018). poster
Jian Dai, Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, Christian S. Jensen, and Jilin Hu.
Path Cost Distribution Estimation Using Trajectory Data.
PVLDB 10(3): 85-96 (2016).
Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, Yu Ma, and Christian S. Jensen.
Toward Personalized, Context-Aware Routing.
The VLDB Journal 24(2):297-318 (2015).
Chenjuan Guo, Bin Yang, Ove Andersen, Christian S. Jensen, and Kristian Torp.
EcoSky: Reducing Vehicular Environmental Impact Through Eco-Routing.
ICDE 2015, 1412-1415 (demo paper), Seoul, Korea, April 2015. Try EcoSky.
Jian Dai, Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, and Zhiming Ding.
Personalized Route Recommendation using Big Trajectory Data.
ICDE 2015, 543-554, Seoul, Korea, April 2015.
Jinling Jiang, Hua Lu, Bin Yang, and Bin Cui.
Finding Top-k Local Users in Geo-Tagged Social Media Data.
ICDE 2015, 267-278, Seoul, Korea, April 2015.
Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, Christian S. Jensen, Manohar Kaul, and Shuo Shang.
Stochastic Skyline Route Planning Under Time-Varying Uncertainty.
ICDE 2014, 136-147, Chicago, Illinois, USA, March 2014. (Acceptance Rate: 89/446=20.0%)
Manohar Kaul, Raymond Chi-Wing Wong, Bin Yang, and Christian S. Jensen.
Finding Shortest Paths on Terrains by Killing Two Birds with One Stone.
PVLDB 7(1):73-84. VLDB 2014, Hangzhou, China, Septmber, 2014.
Bin Yang, Manohar Kaul, and Christian S. Jensen.
Using Incomplete Information for Complete Weight Annotation of Road Networks.
TKDE 26(5):1267-1279. An extended version is available here.
Bin Yang, Chenjuan Guo, and Christian S. Jensen.
Travel Cost Inference from Sparse, Spatio-Temporally Correlated Time Series Using Markov Models.
PVLDB 6(9):769-780. VLDB 2013, Riva del Garda, Trento, Italy, August 2013. (Acceptance Rate: 23%, out of 559 submissions)
A Data-Intensive Paradigm for Dynamic, Uncertain Networks, funded by Independent Research Fund Denmark, 2019 - 2023.
Algorithmic Foundations for Data-Intensive Routing, funded by The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education, 2019 - 2020.
Astra: AnalyticS of Time seRies in spAtial networks, funded by Independent Research Fund Denmark, 2018 - 2021.
Research Collaborations with Industries in North Jutland, funded by Aalborg Kommune, 2018.
aSTEP: aau's Spatio-TEmporal data analytics Platform, funded by Aalborg University, since 2016.
Sapere Aude Research Leader, Independent Research Fund Denmark, 2018.
Distinguished Scholar, The Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Aalborg University, 2018.
Best paper award, 2015 best paper in Pervasive and Embedded Computing, Shanghai Computer Academy, together with Aoying Zhou, Cheqing Jin, and Qiang Ma
Location-based Services: Architecture and Progress (基于位置的服务： 架构与进展).
Best paper award at MDM 2013, together with Manohar Kaul and Christain S. Jensen.
Building Accurate 3D Spatial Networks to Enable Next Generation Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Best demo award at MDM 2013, together with Ove Andersen, Christian S. Jensen and Kristian Torp.
EcoTour: Reducing the Environmental Footprint of Vehicles Using Eco-Routes. Try EcoTour.
- PC Co-Chair, 19th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2018)
- Publicity Co-Chair, 22nd International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2017)
- Publicity Chair, 26th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM 2014)
Member of Program Committees for Conferences and Workshops
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2019)
- IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2019, ICDE 2018, ICDE 2015, ICDE 2013, ICDE 2012)
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-ECAI 2018)
- International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2015, DASFAA 2014)
- IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2012)
- IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2017)
- APWeb-WAIM Joint Conference on Web and Big Data (APWeb-WAIM 2017)
- Asia-Pacific Web Conference (APWeb 2016, APWeb 2015 (demo track), APWeb 2012)
- International Symposium on Temporal Representation and Reasoning (TIME 2018)
- International Workshop on Mobile Data Analytics (MoDA 2013, in conjunction with ICDE 2013)
- International Workshop on Data Management for Emerging Network Infrastructure (DaMEN 2013, in conjunction with APWeb 2013; DaMEN 2014, in conjunction with DASFAA 2014)
- International Workshop on Complex Social Network Analysis (CSNA 2012, in conjunction with ASONAM 2012)
- International Workshop on Indoor Spatial Awareness (ISA 2011, in conjunction with SIGSPATIAL/GIS 2011)
Reviewer for Journals
- The VLDB Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS)
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS)
- ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)
- ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems (TSAS)
- ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- European Journal of Information Systems
- Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment
- International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS)
- Distributed and Parallel Databases
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing
- Information Processing & Management
- International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making
- World Wide Web: Internet and Web Information System World Wide Web
- IEEE Access
- Engineering Computations
- Journal of Computational Science
- Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering
- International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering
- Applied Mathematics and Computation
- Earth Science Informatics
- Frontiers of Computer Science
Chenjuan Guo, Bin Yang, and Ping Liang.
A method of adding searchable notes in Web pages using Web browser plug-ins and script languages (网页加入可搜索的深标签及浏览器插件和脚本结合的方法).
Patent NO: ZL 2006 1 0041811.1, Certificate NO: 431831, Approved in October 2008.
My past teaching activities can be found here.
My Erdős number
: Bin Yang → Gerhard Weikum → Patrick Eugene O'Neil → Paul Erdős